No business wants to make a bad first impression. When customers walk through the door, they immediately begin forming their own opinions about the quality of your brand. This opinion can be affected by a wide variety of factors, from interior lighting to customer service. However, one element of your business that every customer will come into contact with is your reception desk.
Not only do you want to have a reception desk that looks clean, modern, and professional, but you also want it to be immediately recognizable to new customers. For example, when someone walks into your business, you do not want them to have to wander around just to find a receptionist. Instead, you should have a centrally-located place that has all the necessary markers of a reception area. Fortunately, iPad stands for reception desks can help signify to new and existing customers where they need to go.
However, iPad and tablet stands are not just about helping customers find their way around. They also serve a wide variety of functions for your business, your staff, and your customers. So, in today’s guide, we will take a closer look at the benefits of iPad stands for reception desks and reception areas. Additionally, if your business is in the market for a high-quality iPad stand, we can help you find one at CTA Digital!
Selecting The Best iPad Stand For Your Reception Desk
Finding the right iPad stand for your reception desk will depend on the specific needs of your business. For instance, a medical clinic will have very different needs than a car dealership when it comes to checking in, recording information, and so on. Therefore, you will need to establish exactly what your reception iPad or tablet will need to do, and how an iPad stand can improve its functionality.
Here are a few important features to consider and what purpose they serve at a reception desk:
- 360-Degree Swivel – An iPad desk stand with 360-degree swivel functionality allows your reception staff to use the tablet and then turn it around to let customers view or input information. This can be useful if your business uses tablets to complete purchases, as the customer can easily write their signature on the iPad to approve the purchase before the receptionist or cashier completes the transaction. It can also be useful when customers want to sign up for subscriptions or services, as they can input their contact information directly into your business database using the touch screen.
- Anti-Theft Locks & Cables – It is never a good idea to leave valuable hardware lying around near the entrance of your business. Fortunately, with a quality iPad stand, you can get stands that can be attached to the reception desk or a similarly flat surface. Additionally, many iPad stands come with lock and keys so that the tablet cannot be removed from the stand by just anyone. Lastly, security cables are frequently used much like bicycle locks to keep your iPad stand securely connected to a hard, immovable surface.
- Multi-iPad Stands – Some businesses require multiple iPads at reception areas to handle different types of tasks or even large numbers of customers at once. With a multi-tablet stand, you can have two or more iPads aligned horizontally or vertically, giving your staff fast and easy access to all of the information they need.
- Splash-Proof Enclosures – While liquid damage is uncommon in most reception areas, you never know when a cup of coffee or water bottle will suddenly fall over and spill liquid all over your valuable devices. For this reason, iPad stands for reception desks are typically equipped with splash-proof enclosures that prevent liquid from seeping through to the iPad. This simple measure could ensure that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on new equipment any time someone spills liquid in your reception area.
- Branding Opportunities – As the name implies, an iPad stand is specifically designed to make the tablet visible to people who are sitting or standing nearby. If you have promotional videos or ads that you would like to make visible to incoming customers, an iPad stand can offer you the perfect opportunity to help new customers learn more about your brand through looped video presentations, welcome videos, or photo montages.
iPad Floor Stands For Reception Areas
While iPad floor stands can be positioned near a reception desk, they are definitely not made to be placed on any surface other than the floor. So, while these iPad stands are technically not designed for reception desks, they can make great additions to reception areas. Like desk stands, floor stands can serve unique functions based on your available space and the intended use of your device.
For example, iPad floor stands are commonly used in larger reception areas to accompany product displays. Customers can approach the stands and quickly scroll through product or service information to learn more. This could be useful in a wide variety of businesses, from a bike shop to an electronics store.
Alternatively, floor stands provide a way for customers to check in without the need for a human receptionist. This can help save on labor costs or simply reduce the time your reception staff spends with each customer, freeing them up to manage other tasks. Additionally, floor stands have many of the same features as desk stands, including security cables, splash-proof enclosures, and optimal branding opportunities. As an added bonus, floor stands do not require a reception desk, so you can choose to keep your stand rooted to a specific spot in your reception area or move it around as needed.
iPad Wall Mounts For Reception Lobbies
Finally, iPad wall mounts can make a great addition to almost any reception lobby, especially if you are limited on space. Desk mounts require a desk and floor stands require floor space, but what if you don’t have the former and are lacking in the latter? In this case, you can use wall mounts to display iPads along the walls of your reception lobby. This way, you can save on space and still take advantage of having highly accessible tablets for your staff and customers.
In addition to saving space, iPad wall mounts are also highly secure. They also have a strong, splash-proof enclosure that is also well-equipped to withstand fall damage. However, fall damage is unlikely, as each wall mount is securely fastened to the wall of your business so that it will not fall or be stolen. Many wall mounts also come with similar lock-and-key mechanisms and security cables for added protection.
If you want a wall mount that offers a bit more versatility, you can also get mounts that allow you to remove the tablet enclosure from the wall and use it in handheld mode. This gives you greater mobility, especially if you have a specific customer journey that requires you to move from one space to another. In short, iPad wall mounts can offer your business a secure and space-saving way to display one or more iPads in your reception lobby.
We hope you found our iPad stands for reception desks guide both useful and informative. Are you ready to start shopping for an iPad stand for your reception area or lobby? Do you want a high-quality iPad stand to make your entryway really stand out? If so, be sure to reach out to the experts at CTA Digital today!