Over the past few years, businesses of all sizes have begun transitioning from human labor to direct device-to-consumer interaction. This is particularly true when it comes to the retail space, where labor is one of the primary overhead expenses for business owners. With new and evolving technology, businesses can now guide consumers through the entire shopping process with little to no human interaction. While this may not be ideal for every business, it does help cut costs and make the flow of transactions far more efficient.
So, how can businesses use technology to cut down on labor costs and improve the customer experience? There are various answers to this question, but one of the primary solutions is the implementation of iPad stands. With an iPad or tablet stand, customers can enter a store and begin selecting what kind of experience they want. They can even request help from an actual employee if they prefer face-to-face, human interactions.
And this is just the starting point. iPad stands also make the checkout process far easier for both cashiers and customers. Rather than using old-fashioned cash registers and outdated operating systems, businesses can simply use tablets at each checkout counter, making it faster and easier to finalize each purchase.
However, you may still be wondering how iPad and tablet stands can improve your retail business. So, in today’s guide, we will discuss exactly how to find the best iPad stands to meet your business’s needs. Additionally, we will cover some of the most common and practical uses of both tablet devices and iPad stands in a retail environment.
Selecting The Best iPad Stand For Your Retail Store
If you are unsure what kind of iPad stand would be best for your business, you are not alone. Many small and medium-sized businesses struggle to weigh the pros and cons of different kinds of tablet stands. Fortunately, there are a few common types of iPad stands with features that cater to the specific needs of both businesses and consumers. Let’s take a closer look at some of your best options:
- Floor Stand – As the name implies, a floor stand is an iPad holder with a base that stands on the floor Some floor stands are mobile, insofar as you can just pick them up (or even roll them if they have wheels) and change their location as needed, while others can be mounted to the ground for greater security. Either way, floor stands can either be a fixed height or adjustable. For retail businesses, floor stands are usually best at the entrance of your shop or in areas where customers may need to search for information at various points in the shopping process.
- Wall Mount – A wall mount allows you to attach your iPad or tablet to a vertical surface like a wall. Though wall mounts are not quite as versatile as floor stands, they do give you the ability to take advantage of tablets without using up a lot of floor space. So, if your retail business is lacking in available space, wall mounts are a great option. Additionally, wall mounts are typically combined with anti-theft cables to make them extremely difficult or even impossible to steal.
- Desktop Stand – Lastly, a desktop tablet stand is one of the most common and popular models for retail businesses. This is due to the fact that desktop stands can easily be set up at checkout counters and can replace existing systems used for processing purchases. However, desktop stands are not only used for finalizing payments. They can also be used at virtually any step in the shopping process, with the option to have even greater portability than floor stands.
Now that we have covered the basic types of iPad stands, let’s look at a few additional factors and features to consider:
- Anti-Theft – As previously mentioned, security is one of the primary concerns when you have high-value iPads and tablets at various locations throughout your store. Fortunately, the vast majority of iPad stands come with anti-theft cables, locks, or fixed mounts that make them safe at any time of day or night.
- Positioning – Many businesses keep tablets in a fixed position, but having the ability to change the angle of your iPad can make it far easier for both staff and customers to use it. For this reason, you should consider looking for stands that include a durability swivel, gooseneck mounts, or rotating capabilities.
- Waterproof – A waterproof or splash-proof tablet stand may not be at the top of your priority list, but if you are located in an area that experiences frequent rainstorms, it is an important factor to consider. Additionally, you never know when your building could experience a water leak that could potentially put all of your electronic equipment, including tablets, at risk.
- Branding – Finally, iPad stands that allow you to customize their visual appeal offer a great way to increase your overall branding. If the visual design of your iPad stand does not match the aesthetic qualities of your brand or store, they could look out of place and hurt the first impressions of your customers. Instead, look for tablet stands that can be customized with different colors, logos, and designs. It’s also important to note that the iPad itself can be used to draw attention to your business or timely promotions with videos or other branding content.
iPad POS Stands
Most retail businesses use some kind of POS system to manage inventory, keep track of cash flow, and process transactions. Consequently, a point of sale stand is a popular option for businesses that want to manage all or most of their business processes in a single place. An iPad register stand or swivel stand can make it easy for cashiers to quickly process transactions with a few taps, and then easily turn the device around for signatures and other necessary customer information as needed. Nowadays, a large number of retail counters include some kind of 360-degree rotating iPad stand to improve and speed up the checkout process.
iPad Stands For Product Information
Though not quite as common as iPad stands at checkout, business owners can also use iPad stands at various checkpoints throughout their business to provide useful product information. For example, if a customer wants to know the price of a specific item, they can simply tap on a picture of the item or search for it by name using a nearby iPad stand. This form of customer self-service helps save on the time and expense of additional staff members to assist every customer.
iPad Stands For Digital Signage
Lastly, iPad stands offer a great way to have a digital display stand for your business. Customers do not even need to interact with the iPad stand; a digital signage stand can simply display information, logos, or even promotional videos. This can help you better customize your branding while giving your business a more modern aesthetic. Digital signage is also more likely to draw the eye and help bring in more customers when compared to more traditional signage.
We hope you found our iPad stands for retail guide both useful and informative. Are you ready to start shopping for an iPad stand for your retail business? If so, be sure to reach out to the experts at CTA Digital today!