Most people use their laptops while sitting at a desk or even sitting in an armchair. It goes without saying that laptops are far more portable and versatile than traditional desktops. However, many people do not realize that laptops can be made even more portable with the help of a laptop floor stand.
If you’ve never seen or used a laptop floor stand before, you probably have a lot of questions. For example, how can a laptop floor stand make a laptop even more portable? Is it safe to keep your laptop attached to a floor stand? Finally, where can you find high-quality floor stands for personal or commercial use?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, but first, let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons to use a laptop stand.
Why Use A Laptop Stand?
There are dozens of different types and models of laptop stands, each with unique advantages and features. That said, there are some shared characteristics among nearly all laptop stands that make them a great choice for both business owners and employees. Here are a few of the most common reasons people turn to laptop stands for work and leisure:
- Customize Your Laptop Height and Angle – One of the main reasons people use laptop stands is to have greater control over the height of the laptop and the angle of the laptop screen. For example, if you want your laptop to sit at eye level, you don’t need to put it on a wobbly stack of books; you can just get a laptop stand to keep it at the precise height and angle you want.
- Better Airflow For Your Laptop – While laptop tech is always advancing, most modern laptops still require fans to keep them cool. If your fan is covered by a desk or other objects, it could cause different parts of your laptop to overheat, potentially reducing the lifespan of your device. Alternatively, putting your laptop on a stand can ensure that it is separated from other objects and better able to maintain a constant flow of air.
- Reduce Clutter In Your Workspace – If you’re like many people, you have clutter around your desk or workspace that can make it difficult to focus. By placing your laptop on a raised stand, you increase the space you have on your desk. While this will not completely solve your clutter problem, it will give you more room to work.
- Make Your Laptop Fixed, But Portable – A fixed laptop ensures that you can keep working or using your laptop without it slipping out of place. At the same time, many laptop stands utilize wheels to ensure that you can move from one place to another without stopping your work.
- Keep Your Laptop Protected – Laptop stand manufacturers know that your laptop is a valuable device. For this reason, most stands are designed to keep your laptop safe and secure at all times. Even if your stand falls over, many designs ensure that the base of your laptop remains enclosed in a hard case to protect it from fall damage.
- Reduce Physical Pain – People who work on their laptops often don’t realize the physical toll it can take on the body. This is especially true if you work with the laptop in your lap or on a low-sitting desk. Working at this angle can cause back pain, neck pain, and even pain in your hands and wrists. Using a laptop stand is one of the few ways to reduce or prevent these physical ailments.
- Minimize Eye Strain – Another common problem among people who spend long hours staring at computer screens is eye strain. This problem is made even worse if you are forced to work with the laptop at an uncomfortable height or angle. Customizing the height and angle of your laptop can make it easier to look at your computer screen without straining your eyes.
Rolling Laptop Stands
Rolling laptop stands are very popular among doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals. This is because these people often need to access patient information for dozens of patients in a single day. Without a rolling laptop stand, doctors and nurses would either need to go back and forth between their offices and patient rooms or carry their laptops with them wherever they go. A laptop stand with wheels gives professionals the freedom to move around with all of their work still at their fingertips.
Laptop rolling stands are not just for doctors and nurses. If you work in any environment that could benefit from portable information centers, a rolling laptop stand is one of the best solutions. From retail to manufacturing, there are thousands of businesses that could become more efficient with the use of mobile laptop stands.
Height Adjustable Laptop Floor Stands
As previously mentioned, one of the most common reasons to use a laptop stand is to gain the ability to adjust your laptop height. Trying to work or even watch a movie with a laptop that is seated too low or too high is simply inconvenient. Fortunately, there are many laptop floor stands that are specifically designed to be height adjustable.
It is also important to note that height-adjustable floor stands are not just good for personal use. If you own a brick-and-mortar business, you may want to use laptop floor stands to allow your employees to better help customers with various tasks or quickly look up information. With height-adjustable floor stands, you ensure that all of your employees and customers can see the laptop(s) comfortably at eye level.
Anti-Theft Laptop Floor Stands
Finally, if you plan to use laptops in a space with a lot of foot traffic, you will want to make sure that your device remains secure. Anti-theft laptop floor stands keep your laptop locked into the stand. The type of locks varies based on the model of the stand, with many locks requiring a key to open. If you are the only person to hold the key, you make it much harder for someone to steal the laptop.
Generally speaking, floor stands make it more difficult for criminals to steal devices from your business, as long as the laptop is securely locked in place. For example, if you just leave a laptop sitting on a desk, anyone could take it and leave in a matter of seconds. However, fixed or mobile floor stands are far more cumbersome to take without someone noticing. Moreover, the locking mechanisms make it difficult or even impossible for a person to steal the laptop out of the stand.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, laptop stands and laptop floor stands can offer businesses and individuals better ways to use and display laptops. In addition to giving you the ability to customize the height and angle of your laptop, floor stands can make it easier for business professionals to manage everyday tasks. In short, if you think that you or your business could benefit from laptop floor stands, they serve as a worthwhile investment.
We hope you found our guide on laptop floor stands both useful and informative! Are you ready to start shopping for your own laptop floor stand? Do you want a high-quality laptop stand to manage various personal or work-related tasks? If so, be sure to reach out to the experts at CTA Digital today!